Israel Office | Full-time | Senior
Glassbox is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Global R&D team
We are Glassbox, a world leader in digital experience analytics, on a mission to deliver frictionless digital journeys to brands and their customers all over the world.
We are a hyper-growth scale-up that has most recently acquired a strong player in the CX field- SessionCam and just IPO’d in June!
So, now is the perfect time to come to Glassbox and help us accelerate our global leadership position!
Will you join us in this journey?
What You Will Do
As a Data Engineer, you will surely get excited with the opportunity of handling exceptional volumes of customer data (hundreds of billions of monthly events!) and help us facilitate cutting-edge data technologies at a large scale for some of the largest organizations in the world.
You will work closely with multiple teams within Glassbox and take a pivotal role in impacting our product roadmap and capabilities.
● Build infrastructure to support analytics reports to slice and dice data
● Become an expert in our data technologies and platforms (e.g. Kafka, Clickhouse, etc)
● Define, design, and implement data pipelines and ETL processes (ingestion, normalization, aggregation, transformation, data movement).
● Write complex analytical SQL queries, perform optimizations and fine-tuning
● Work closely across multiple R&D teams to understand the needs and build an absolute best-in-class data architecture to solve problems with a long term data strategy
● Develop processes and tools to monitor, analyze, maintain and improve data operation, performance, and usability
What you will need
● Data-driven skills to solve intricate data problems
● At least 4 years experience in Java development
● At least 4 years experience in writing complex analytical SQL
● Enjoy building and owning solutions end to end from proof of concept through to production
● Proven experience in building, optimizing, and maintaining big data pipelines using popular open-source frameworks (Kafka, Spark, Hive, Presto, Airflow, etc)
● Deep understanding and experience with data storage in varying data storage systems like RDBMS, NoSQL DB, data lakes, data warehouse technologies
● Independent self-starter and team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar Engineering fields
● Excellent / Fluent written and spoken English
● Prior experience and understanding of digital customer experience (CX) or similar business domain
● Thrives and enjoys working in startups and fast-paced environment